Monday, August 17, 2009

Redneck Lobstering


In this month's River Journal I write about Redneck Lobstering aka the fine art of catching crawdads.

An excerpt:

When my beau asked me if I liked the taste of lobster, I thought he was gonna take me out for some fine seafood.

I didn’t realize I’d be spending the day foraging for my own dinner underneath slime-covered rocks in some river. I say some river because I’ve been sworn to secrecy.

I can only say it’s somewhere in this state or the one next door. If I gave up my man’s top-secret Redneck Lobstering digs I think it could go on my permanent record.

I’m not gonna push it.

Especially since I’ve tasted these babies.

Call them crayfish, crawdads, mudbugs or crawfish.

I call them Redneck Lobsters.

For the rest of the story click here.




No comments: